CHECKLIST FOR STARTING THE MODEL A FORD
1. Check the engine oil and water levels.
2. Check to see that Battery is turned on (or that fuse is good).
3. Check to see if parking brake is set.
4. Check to verify transmission is in Neutral.
5. Check fuel valve is turned on.
6. Put “spark” lever all the way up.
7. Put “throttle” lever about 1/3rd. down.
8. Turn on key (key does not start engine, it only turns on ignition).
9. Pull choke up, depress starter “button” on floor on right side of steering column
for two revolutions of engine and release choke. Engine should start at this point.
10. Slowly lower spark arm to nearly the bottom, while moving the throttle lever up to idle.
11. Allow engine to idle for about 1 minute before depressing clutch to engage transmission.
CHECKLIST FOR STOPPING THE MODEL A FORD
1. Turn off the fuel valve.
2. Allow engine to burn off the fuel in the carburetor.
3. TURN OFF THE KEY(if a POP-OUT is installed, “PUSH-IT-IN). Check the Amp meter to see if it is on zero. If it shows a discharge, check to see if brake peddle is all the way up. If it still shows a discharge, pull the fuse or check the generator “cut-out”.
4. Pull the parking brake.
5. Put the transmission in reverse.
6. Put the windows up and secure any loose items.